Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pacific Alliance To Stop Slavery (PASS)





Yesterday I learned about the Pacific Alliance to Stop Slavery based in Hawaii. PASS is working on two important 2011 bills. I am particularly interested in keeping up with PASS, because Hawaii is my birth place and I've had the blessing of living there for most of my life. Although I have been a resident of beautiful California for almost ten years now, Hawaii will always be my island home.


Here is some info about PASS copied from their website's about page:


The Pacific Alliance to Stop Slavery (PASS), is a Hawaii-based not-for-profit 501(c)3 whose mission is to stop Human-Trafficking in Hawaii and the Pacific. PASS provides services and advocacy for survivors of Human-Trafficking, education and training on the identification of victims of Human-Trafficking, and public awareness and prevention education for the greater community.
PASS works holistically to combat Human-Trafficking, building alliances with public interest legal services, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), churches, non-profit community organizations, domestic violence shelters, educational institutions, and law enforcement.

Please check out PASS' website, especially if you now live in the 50th state.

Abolitionists, unite! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment